Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My current addiction, and some bonus recipes!

After my crackupuncture appointment this morning, I had about 10 minutes of free time before I had to pick Jason up from preschool, so I decided to treat myself to a $4 cup of coffee at Starbucks. Actually, I DETEST Starbucks coffee - even the smell of the place makes me throw up a little in my mouth - but I like the frou-frou drinks, as long as they're not strong and contain a lot of sugar and whipped cream. HA! Actually, that's a lie, because I'm the nonfat-sugar-free-no-whipped-cream customer that pisses everyone off with the list of instructions prefacing the actual name of the frou-frou drink. But I would LIKE to be the calorie-and-fat-oblivious customer who orders the Venti Praline Caramel Latte with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (oh my God does that sound good or what?).

Man, do I go off on tangents.

So, I noticed they have a "light" version of frappuccinos, and I decided that sounded mighty tasty. I asked the Coffee Barista (as I've heard they like to be called) if they contained sugar, and she said they do contain some, but it's reduced and they add Splenda, and it's made with nonfat milk. Great! So I ordered a medium (tall? whatever) light caramel frappuccino, and oh, let me tell you folks: It was to DIE for. I think I had a frou-gasm on the way back to the car. They have to be lying that this stuff is "light"! Ah, who cares. I am going to be so broke by the end of the week.

In other earth-shattering news, I think Jason is going to be a chef. When I picked him up from school, he was all about recipes for some reason. "Mommy! Do you know how to make a cake? You need flour, sugar, a couple of scoops of tuna, and a batch of honey! Then you put it in the oven for nine minutes until you see three Os* and then you take it out of the oven and then you eat it!"

Hmm.

And here's a couple more Secret Recipes he shared with me on the ride home:

Apple Banana Soup

one apple
one big banana
2 scoops of tuna

Mix it all together, and eat it with a spoon!

Squash and Banana Chicken (which, oddly, contains neither banana nor chicken)

one squash
couple of teaspoons baking powder
one scoop of tuna
some fish
some lobster

Put it in the oven for seven minutes until you see the three Os.*

BAM!

____________________________________________________________
*The timer on the oven shows "0:00" when the time is up. Work with me here, people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

um....your son has a very um....eclectic taste in food. lol! awesome about the drink though!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute story about Jay! Does he love tuna, or does he just like to talk about it? :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, his new "favorite" is tuna.
(Although, he'll only eat a couple of spoonfuls and then he's done.)He seems to really like seafood! The kid who won't eat cake, ice cream, bread, or pizza loves lobster and shrimp. Go figure!

5:16 PM  
Blogger JenniferJP said...

TUNA! That's hilarious.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home