Tuesday, September 19, 2006

In Utero

Jason, snuggling with me in my bed: "Mommy, did you know I used to be in your belly?"

Me: "Yes, I know. What was it like in there?"

Jason: "It was cool and wet, and there were lots of bones!"

Me, obviously concerned at the thought of my child being cold: "You were COLD?!"

Jason: "Well, I was swimming so I stayed warm."

Me: "There was enough room to swim in my belly?"

Jason: "Yes! I swimmed and swimmed and it was so much fun!"

This explains a lot of the discomfort I felt in the third trimester.

Me: "What else did you do in my belly?"

Jason: "I played. With a train."

Me: "Where did you find a train in there?"

Jason: "I brought it with me."

Me: "..."

Jason: "I ate some food, too."

Me: "What kind of food?"

Jason: "Corn on the cob."

And there you have it. You always wondered, and now you know.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that one! What an imagination.

Oh, and I just read your chronic pain one too - was running behind on your blog. Hugs to you.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corn and a train....of course!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! OMG! Too funny! See now if some pregnant lady feels something strange poking them in the ribs, I'll tell them to keep an eye out for corn and trains. LOL

7:43 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

that is hilarious. freakin hilarious!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I love hearing what kids think, It always makes me smile.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Awwwwwwwwww that was amazing! Can't you just eat him up?!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Okay Karen. I've come to your blog numerous times to read something new and there hasn't been anything. Can you please quit having a life and post something??? LOL!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I know! It's been crazy this past week, and I also write for something else (believe it or not) and, well, I hate deadlines!!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

There are trains and corn on the cob in there? No wonder men are on a lifelong quest to get back there.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Karl!!! So true. LOL

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home