Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm in McLove

Analyze this dream: I'm sitting in my living room. "Paul" (and I use that name loosely) is sitting on the coffee table (of all places) and he looks JUST LIKE Patrick Dempsey. And he's giving me that same look that Derrick gives Meredith on Grey's Anatomy. (For those who watch, you know The Look. Sigh.) And I get that overwhelming feeling of love...you know, the butterflies that make your stomach flip over and your breath catch?

Disturbing.

So I confess this to Paul to get his take on it, and because I think it's kind of funny. Bad move. I've been harrassed about it ever since. "Oh, okay. It was ME, but I looked like DR. MCDREAMY. Seriously??" I'm all like, "It was YOU, though!" And then, grasping at straws, "He had your SOUL." *Paul bursts into laughter.*

I don't know how I knew it was Paul, but I just did. It was New and Improved Paul! It was "McPaul." And hey, I refuse to feel guilty about the dream for the simple reason that Paul knows the name of every supermodel who ever lived. Every time I say, for instance, "Who's Molly Sims? An actress?" He sits right up, puts his trough of ice cream down, LOWERS THE VOLUME ON THE T.V., and says, "She's a [deeeeep breath] supermodel."

Anyway, so, yeah. I'm in McLove. And when Derrick told Meredith he was in love with her: "I've been in love with you...forever," I got all McTingly (stop!). I am so deliriously happy that Grey's Anatomy is back on again that I think I might need McTherapy (just...stop.)

Oh, don't even get me started on The Office. That's another big one. (That's what she said.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

hehe. You crack me up. Hey Karen, can you send me your email address? You can get mine through my site...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh baby. Dr. Mc FREAKING Dreamy.
Love him. Love his show.
Can't wait to see MORE of him tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

The Office is hilarious!

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, I am so with you. The smile, the look, the "I'm in love with you ... I've been in love with you - forever." I mean, SERIOUSLY!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

teehee. That is great. Dr. McDreamy is absolutely a good body switch. He is so sexy.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Karen,

go to www.fridayfeast.com

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Entertainment Tonight (or one of those type of shows) they said something to the effect of "Grey's Anatomy is becoming too much about McDreamy. It's not his show." I immediately changed the channel. Who is Grey anyway?? : ) I am just happy McDreamy's Anatomy is finally back on.
By the way, I work at the same place as Paul, although not doing the lakjdfka stuff that he does. I read your entire blog while I was home sick last week. Hilarious!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home