Saturday, August 19, 2006

Of clogged drains and rotting apples

I've been Googling my morning away, trying to find some natural remedy for clearing a clogged drain. I've been a Liquid Plumber girl for years, but I feel that I need to do my part in protecting the environment by finding a chemical-free solution. Oh, and the LP costs about $6 a bottle, so it's getting rather expensive. But the environmental thing is the main reason. Really.

Anyway, I am very excited about my find and feel the need to share it with the ENTIRE WORLD! Pour approximately half a cup of baking soda on the drain, and follow that with approximately half a cup of vinegar.* This will immediately foam! Wait approximately ten minutes and then pour approximately one tea kettle full (measurements are not exact) of boiling (or just very hot) water directly down the drain. Voila! Cheap, easy! And most importantly, of course, no chemicals involved!

*Apple cider vinegar is not recommended. I don't know anyone dumb enough to use it, of course, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for the stupid people. I'm sure there have to be some idiots out there who might try it if they didn't have any white vinegar. Or maybe even consider sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar for a split second. I know! It's unbelievable how some people have absolutely no common sense. How could you not know that the bathroom will end up smelling like exactly what you poured down the drain? I mean...guh. C'mon, people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Great Tip! I have been having drain troubles. I will give that a shot!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home