Thursday, August 17, 2006

It goes a little something like this.

So! What do I have to do today? Oh, yes, I have to call the - "MOMMY!!! Can you help me wind up my yo-yo?"

Wind up the yo-yo. "Please go play, Jason. Mommy is busy."

Now where was I? Oh, I really should call the doctor about that mole because it has a weird shape and is getting bi- "NOOO NOOO NOOOOOOO!!! JASON STOP SIIIINNNGGGIIIIINNNGGG!!!"
*screech, screech, screech*

"Jason, stop singing! Drew is trying to watch Blue's Clues."

Okay. So. I have to remember to call the - "DREWWWWW!!! STOP KICKING MEEE!!! MOMMY DREW KEEPS DOING IT AND I JUST WANT MY TURN WITH THE MAGNADOODLE AND HE KEEPS KICKING ME OVER AND OVER AND...WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Place Drew in the corner for kicking. Wipe Jason's nose. Pat him reassuringly. "Don't worry, your brother is being punished. We do not kick!" Jason gives me a hug of gratitude for having his back.

Now, what do we need at the store again? Toilet paper? Or was it horseradish? Ohhh...no, it was - "MOMMY!!! JASON KICKED ME WITH HIS FOOT AND HE HURT MY LEG!!! *screech, screech, screeeeeeeeccccchhh*

Place Jason in the corner and say, "I thought I said we DO NOT KICK! Did you like it when Drew kicked YOU?" Jason says, "No. But but but...he steered me wrong! He told me I could use the Magnadoodle and then he wouldn't let me use it and he steered me wrong, Mommy, he steered me WRONG...WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" (Where on earth do they pick up these phrases?!)

"Drew, let Jason have a turn with the Magnadoodle!"

Where was I? Oh...maybe it was cheese that we needed? *gasp!* I think I left a candle burning in the kitchen and I forgot to turn off the gas on the - "MOMMY! DREW IS PEEING IN MY TONKA TRUCK!!!"

And we all died. The end.
...
...
Magnadoodle? $14.99. Tonka truck? $19.99. Being able to complete a thought without interruption? Priceless.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why we have two Magna Doodles. (But they still do fight over whichever one the other one has.)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

There are days in mommyhood when even thinking straight is an accomplishment.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN, SISTA!!!!!! I so hear you. Was just saying to Ty the other night that the only thing I really dread about him being out of town and having them on my own for extended periods is the constant refereeing and balancing act. Sigh.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I have had days just like this. We also have two magnadoodles just for that reason. Whenever one gets one, the other instantly wants one. You crack me up

12:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, but what you all don't realize is that we DO have two Magnadoodles! And one clearly says "DREW" in black marker, and the other clearly says "JASON."

This DOES NOT MATTER. Comprende? Drew wants the one that says Jason and Jason wants the one that says Drew and if Drew has Jason's, then he wants the one that says Drew, and if Jason has Drew's, then he wants the one that says Jason. See? Simple!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home